Building Permits Corvallis
Innovation in Service - Smoothing the Development Process with Better Building Permits Processing
Create the right business space, with less stress, no hassles.
Timeliness and Predictability -
- We understand time is money
Service Oriented -
- Working collaboratively to find a clear path to project approval
Early Consultation –
- Catch issues before they happen with Free Pre-permitting & Free Pre-construction consultation
Getting it done-
Innovation for “real time” business.
- Real time- Over the counter reviews, 24/7 online permitting and tracking, and same-day inspection
Corvallis Permitting and Inspection - Focus on Success
Four innovative initiatives are transforming the way permitting and building gets done in Corvallis.
“Our goal is to have 60% of project plans be approved in 24 hours” -Ken Gibb
Planning for Success- Streamlining the Process
- All projects get either a permit or a comprehensive “plan review letter” with everything needed to move forward.
- Done in conjunction with a “resubmittal success meeting” 1:1 conversation with the goal of ensuring approval upon first resubmission.
- Free pre-construction meetings after permitting
- Project introduction meetings every Tuesday afternoon –call and make an appointment for an early, no charge, no commitment, conversation. Come with an idea. Explore the options. Create a plan forward.
E-Permits and Corvallis building permit tracking.
Web based permitting portal for projects that don’t need a plan review link to Corvallis E- permits http://www.corvallisoregon.gov/index.aspx?page=1420
- For the majority of plumbing, mechanical and electrical trade permit.
- Don’t have to drive down to city hall. Submit on your own schedule, 24/7.
- Online permit tracking. Know in an instant where your permit is with online look-up
NEW (July 15, 2013) Field Inspection tools keep projects moving.
Information, decisions, and approvals on-site, real time.
- Inspectors with Ipads in the field. Wifi 4G wireless.
- Integrated permit tracking.
- Inspectors can upload photos, confer with counterparts, check codes real time online.
E-Plan Review - Coming in 2014
- Submit plans electronically
- Benefit from collaborative on-line consultation between your design professional and city staff
For more information on Land Use and code in Corvallis and Benton County