Oregon is Clean Tech
Corvallis Businesses in Clean Tech
Benton County Strengths are in:
- Sustainable Building Supplies
- Clean & Renewable Energy
- Alternative Fuels
Corvallis- Benton County Businesses in Energy/Clean Tech
OSU is a Western Regional center for the US SunGrant Program, focused on Biobased products that hold great promise for renewable energy and biobased, non-food industries. The Sun Grant Initiative is a national program established to create new solutions for America's needs and to revitalize rural communities by working with land-grant universities and their federal and state laboratory partners on research, education and extension programs.
- One of the functions of Sun Grant is to provide competitive grants to researchers engaged in developing alternative energies and bioproducts.
- Cradle to Grave Analysis of Agricultural Biofuels and Bioproducts Systems
- Information about OSU's Sustainable Technologies lab, including links to the lab website and an educational presentation on biofuels.
- Western Region and its partners are working together to develop the Western States Algae Biotechnology and Biofuels Institute.
- Rural Energy Audits by the OSU Energy Efficiency Center characterized agricultural energy uses and developed calculations and processes to conduct energy assessments at seven OSU facilities.
Farm to Fly
- Sustainable Aviation Biofuels from U.S. Agriculture.
- Western region research program areas include: feedstock enhancement and development, biomass conversion and biofueul/bioenergy processing and bioproducts.
- With more than 90 percent of Hawaii’s energy needs dependent on imported fossil fuels, we are particularly vulnerable to supply shortages.