The Full article
- Oregon gained manufacturing jobs in 2014 at a rate more than double the national average.
- Oregon manufacturers added 8,641 jobs or 3.9%, from December 2013 to December 2014, more than twice the 1.8% national average gain reported by the Labor Department for the same time period.
- Oregon is now home to 5,707 manufacturers employing 228,829 workers.Gains were led by the food products industry as well as lumber and wood processing. The food products sector now ranks as Oregon’s top industry for jobs, employing 32,841, up 5.1% in 2014.
- Oregon’s sizable lumber sector saw a 4.8% increase in jobs.
- Job increases were recorded in nearly all of Oregon’s industrial sectors with employment in stone/clay/glass up 11.6%; instruments/related products, up 6.6%; transportation equipment, up 5.3% and fabricated metals, up 4.3%.