Product Development Resources:
- WIN -WIN is focused on helping the small and mid-sized traded sector companies grow and be profitable
- LBCC SBDC - Free advising
- Start up Weekend
Start up weekends in Corvallis, Willamette Valley and at Oregon State University have all resulted in the launch of new companies. Search here for the next Start Up weekend in the area, and jump start your business in a weekend!
OSU Start Up weekend's winning team
To help grow and diversify our state's economy, Oregon InC has created three Signature Research Centers
with a mission to support and commercialize university research that holds the potential to grow into new companies. To do that, SRCs provide research grants in their focus areas to support ideas with commercial potential, such as creating building insulation from recycled styrofoam or strong 2x4s from very fast-growing but weak Poplar trees.
- SRCs also provide gap grants of up to $250,000 to help promising start-ups survive the so-called "Valley of Death" between a promising idea and a fundable one. SRC support has helped companies raise more than $115 million in private capital in the last six years, keeping home-grown research and entrepreneurial talent in Oregon.
- SRC matching grants and expertise help university researchers and private companies compete for government grants, SBIR grants and private foundation funds, bringing $250 million to Oregon.
- R&D testing labs
R&D testing labs are open to private industry, providing them critical R&D without the added cost of hiring in-house staff or building new facilities.
ONAMI High Tech Extension Services
Companies as diverse as SpectraWatt, which uses ONAMI R&D to reduce cost and improve solar cell manufacturing efficiency, to industry leader Intel, which uses CAMCOR’s materials characterization capabilities.
Current clients using ONAMI labs in Eugene, Corvallis and Portland include:
- SolarWorld—a world leader in solar power technology
- Micro Systems Engineering—producing medical microelectronics
- Hewlett-Packard—global tech company
- ON Semi—semiconductor fabrication
- Floragenex—develop new DNA sequencing systems
- Oregon BEST Oregon BEST's Mission: We are the nexus for clean technology innovation. We build capability, convene collaborations, and accelerate the solutions to environmental challenges that deliver prosperity in all corners of Oregon.
- Northwest Food Processors Association NWFPA
- Oregon State University Food Innovation Center OSU FIC