This portal is sponsored by the Corvallis-Benton County Economic Development office.
The Economic Development Advisory Board of Corvallis consists of 9 volunteer members appointed by the Mayor. Membership of the Commission represent emerging technology and manufacturing, green/sustainable business, professional services, retail and general business, higher education, health care and the community at large.
On December 6, 2010, the City Council passed Ordinance 2010-28, which established the Economic Development Commission to advise the City Council in all matters pertaining to Economic Development, ensuring that Economic Development is a civic priority. Such matters include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend general policies, strategies and programs regarding economic development for approval to the City Council.
- Develop a strategic plan to implement the Council’s economic development Policy.
- Collaborate with other governmental agencies, non-profit, and for-profit organizations in the advancement of economic development programs and projects.
- Recommend funding strategies to support an ongoing Economic Development Program.
- Recommend funding strategies to support economic development projects.
More on the Commission is at the The Economic Development Advisory Board website..
Download the Corvallis Economic Development Strategic Plan